Princeton Public Library
The Princeton Public Library seeks to hire a Development Director to lead the library’s efforts to secure capital, endowment, annual, major, and planned gifts, along with funding from grants and other sources, to supplement the library’s municipal allocation. Develop strategies to achieve the library’s annual and long-term fundraising goals, and cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to advance the overall development effort.
- Bachelors or Masters in Public Administration, Communications, Education, Library Science, Business or Nonprofit Management or a comparable degree.
- Demonstrated experience in development activities for a nonprofit organization.
- Presentation or training experience.
- Technology literacy.
- Passion for public libraries and library values.
- Commitment to customer service.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume via the online portal.
Development & Communications Associate
American Friends of Migdal Ohr
U.S. fundraising arm of leading Israeli charity for children at risk is currently seeking a full-time Development & Communications Associate to work in our midtown NYC office. He/she will work collaboratively with the National Director and team to ensure that AFMO achieves its goals, by contributing to a long-term development plan and supporting relationships with the funding community. He/she will be responsible for successful events, monthly giving and bridal fund programs, public relations, social media and maintaining our fundraising database.
- 2 -3 years of relevant work experience, in the non-profit sector.
- Experience with Etapestry or comparable Donor Database Management software is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Prior donor stewardship and solicitation experience
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to build, develop and foster ongoing donor relationships
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Confidence in using social media platforms
- Able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, work independently and meet deadlines
- A passion for the organization’s mission and commitment to our goals
$45,000 – $60,000; negotiable
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to Beth Nussbaum . No phone calls, please.
Manager of Individual Giving
New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra seeks an outgoing creative professional to manage the Orchestra’s low- to mid-level individual fundraising initiatives (Symphony Friends) and support the major giving programs (Amadeus Circle and Trustee Giving). He/she will directly manage all aspects of the fundraising department’s direct mail and telefundraising programs, provide support for a moves management program for donors and prospects, provide research and administrative support to the Director, and personally manage a portfolio of current individual givers and prospects. The full job description can be accessed online.
- Excellent, demonstrable written and verbal communications skills (writing samples required)
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite(required) and Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Flexibility, diplomatic abilities, self-motivated
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five years’ experience in a fund raising environment.
- Experience in an arts organization setting preferred. Flexible schedule and ability to attend NJSO-related events on evenings and weekends throughout the state is required
How to apply
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Michelle Hartman , Director of Individual Giving. Please reference “Manager of Individual Giving Search” as the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Resume review will begin by September 15
Full-Time Grant Writer
Bergen County Arts Center
Primary responsibilities include working with Senior Staff to strategically develop and execute an annual plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and retaining institutional funding support for the theater’s operating budget, capital improvements, in-theater educational programs and educational outreach programs. Responsibilities also include prospect identification, research and positioning, inquiry and proposal writing, grant stewardship and relationship building, budgeting and reporting. The complete job description is online.
Candidates should have experience in grant writing with a strong fluency in storytelling; have exceptional organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should also be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently and with staff, and be a team player. Awards for National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) grants highly desired. Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and Raiser’s Edge is highly desirable. Bachelor’s Degree is required. Experience in non-profit fundraising is required, the arts preferred.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and three writing examples, including at least two grant proposals to Shannon Eadon. Position to be filled as soon as possible. No phone calls please.
Director of Advancement
Salvation Army, Eastern Territory
The Director of Organizational Advancement (DOA) is responsible for the leadership of the Territorial Community Relations and Development Department. This position is responsible for designing and managing the implementation of a fully integrated fundraising and marketing plan that focuses on building lasting and sustainable relationships with donors while steadily increasing annual fundraising achievements in the territory. It will also lead, direct, inspire, train and mentor development staff, communicate fundraising goals, progress and accountability throughout the entire organization. The complete job description can be accessed here.
- 15+ years progressive leadership experience in non-profit arena.
- Experience managing fully integrated fundraising, marketing/communications strategies at large/complex non-profit organizations.
- Proven/consistent track record raising significant philanthropic funds for national/international organizations.
- Creativity developing new revenue streams.
- Success developing/maintaining performance systems assessing impact on organizational success.
- Experience managing comprehensive direct response program.
- BA in relevant area; MA preferred.
- Very strong verbal/written communication skills, organizational/analytical skills, and project management skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout Eastern territory up to 25% of the time.
$170,000 – $219,000
How to apply
KIPP New Jersey
KIPP NJ plans to double the number of students we now serve, putting thousands more Newark and Camden children on a path to college and creating the blueprint for how an entire city can close the achievement gap. We are looking for an exceptional, seasoned development leader to join our team and drive the fundraising needed to reach thousands more kids with a world-class, KIPP education. The complete job description can be accessed here.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Team management experience and strong fundraising experience
- Keen organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.
- Experience with SalesForce is a plus (Raiser’s Edge or similar is also a help)
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required for events
How to apply
Please apply through the link on the KIPP New Jersey website.
Senior Event Specialist
Community FoodBank of New Jersey
The Senior Event Specialist will oversee all aspects of community fundraising, including support of donors in executing Do-It-Yourself, third-party and online community fundraising efforts. He or She will represent CFBNJ in community initiatives and at events that support our brand and fund raising goals. She or He will also support the Director of Special Events with all event logistics for CFBNJ special events. All data for special events will also be managed by the Senior Event Specialist. The complete job description is available online.
Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills; ability to work effectively with various constituencies and volunteers. Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long range goals. Knowledge of budgeting. Negotiating skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications, Raisers Edge and Luminate software preferred. Attention to detail. 3-5 years event experience required. Must be able and willing to work occasional nights and weekends as the position demands.
$65,000 – $70,000; commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume via email to Renee Helfenstein.
Director of Annual Giving
Montclair State University
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for planning, managing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive annual giving program (including direct mail, online giving, call center, crowdfunding/micro campaigns, targeted constituent giving programs, personal solicitation and volunteer management) focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support from alumni, friends, faculty/staff, parents and students. The Director plays a key role in expanding the annual giving program, setting objectives, timelines and metrics focused on increasing revenue/number of donors. For a complete job description, please visit our site.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years relevant professional experience in annual giving/fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Solid understanding of and ability to implement best practices in annual giving, including call, direct mail, online, crowdfunding and in-person solicitation
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, while balancing multiple projects and performing assignments accurately to a timely and successful completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and execute action plans and budgets.
How to apply
You can apply via our online job portal. Please note: you will need to merge your cover letter and resume into one document.